How can my child's school help with dyslexia?

Childs school

How will the new SEND Reforms change provision in school?

Dyslexia Action has produced some new guidance for parents on what the recent SEND Reforms mean for those with literacy and dyslexia difficulties.

Click here to view the guidance

How can I get help if my child is dyslexic?

  • speak to your child's teacher
  • contact your school SENCO (Special Education Needs Co-ordinator)
  • call the BDA National Helpline on 0333 405 4567. Or click here
  • Contact your local association of the British Dyslexia Association or Dyslexia Action
Questions about Dyslexia

What type of support might the school provide?

The Trust has an online tool to identify and provide information on supporting children and young people with literacy difficulties: Interventions for Literacy

Latest News

Monday 26th April 2021

6th Edition of What Works now Available

Our What Works for Children with Literacy Difficulties has been fully updated by Dr Gary...

Read more

Sunday 30th August 2020

Campaigning for recognition of Specialist Teachers

The government funded National Tutoring Programme needs to include specialist SpLD...

Read more

View all news
Literacy and Dyslexia-SpLD Professional Development Framework The School Psychology Service Inclusion Development Programme
By continuing to use this site you agree to the use of cookies. For more information and to find out how to change this click here